Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Featured Paintings - September

Fall is almost among us folks!! It is by far my favorite time of year. 

                                      

My family and I lived in SW Kansas for the last five years before moving to the Kansas City area. If you don't know, the SW part of the state has suffered a severe drought that whole time and longer. For this Hoosier Gal born and raised in northern Indiana woods that was a tough time....especially during the fall.  Because there wasn't one. There wasn't a fall with the changing of colors or that cool autumn air down near Dodge City. Just brown.



 But kuddos to my mom for Mother of The Year award because every September/October she sent me a box of leaves. Yes!! LEAVES!! She'd seal them in plastic and fill a box with them. When they arrived in the mail they were still moist and still smelled of home. I'd bury my face in them right away. Then I'd pour them in a basket that sat in my living room and every chance I got I'd smell my leaves. I cried every time. Unless you grew up jumping in piles of leaves no one understands the intoxication of wet maple leaves. 

So YES!! Fall is my favorite time of year! That's probably why Orange is my favorite color. I'm always looking for new fall paintings to try out. I like pumpkins and scarecrows of course but my favorite fall paintings are those with leaves. So I thought I'd share my favorites with you today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment